Advice, strong opinions, and personal revelations by the world´s greatest writers - exclusively researched for this new book
Featuring the most inspirational and insightful collection of quotes by writers through the ages and across the globe, Every Day a Word Surprises Me is the ideal keepsake for readers, writers, and everyone who appreciates the exquisite power of words. This carefully curated book, packed with original research, is a go-to resource for thoughts on a variety of subjects, including originality, punctuation, reading, daily routines, rejection, money troubles, the creative process, love, truth, and more. ´Every day a word surprises me´ is a quotation from British neurologist and author Oliver Sacks. This collection is full of its own surprises and hard-earned advice - communicated with the eloquence and clarity that only the world´s finest writers could summon.
- The companion volume to Phaidon´s global bestseller Art Is the Highest Form of Hope (2016).
- Presents fresh quotes, discovered in diaries, letters, notebooks, interviews, memoirs, and more, and includes originals sources so readers can track down the quotes in context.
- Includes hundreds of quotations by the world´s most celebrated writers, historic and contemporary - from Jane Austen to Julian Barnes, Leo Tolstoy to Patti Smith, Virginia Woolf to Elena Ferrante, Henry David Thoreau to Dave Eggers.
- Easy-to-navigate organization by subject and smart typographic design highlight writers´ strong opinions, personal observations, and hard-earned advice.
- Doubles as an ideal gift and valuable resource for all who appreciate the power of books and words.